Choose a challenge…. Track your progress…. Use our support…
It’s the first week of your PALMS 30 DAY CHALLENGE and it’s new and exciting, but over the next few days the struggle may start to set in and you fear you’ll cave before the next week is up!
But don’t worry it happens to the best of us, so we’ve come up with a few easy steps to keep you motivated and focused throughout your fitness journey…
1. PLAN AND SCHEDULE YOUR CHALLENGE
Plan and schedule your workout or challenge into your daily routine and tell people about your goal, this way they can remind you if you need a little helping hand along the way. Keeping a food or fitness diary will help you to see how far you’ve come already and give you the little push to carry on.
2. A FRIENDLY COMPETITION CAN SPARK A FIRE
Setting a challenge with a friend to keep each other driven will give you the determination that’s needed, a little friendly competition doesn’t do anyone any harm. The challenge could be the same or different but encouraging one another each day will definitely increase your chances of success.
3. DON’T SET A CHALLENGE THAT’S TOO BIG OF A STEP
Don’t be too harsh on yourselves. Setting too many rules or an unrealistic goal is going to become a drag…
If you’re half way through your challenge and haven’t seen any results or a difference in yourself, don’t become disheartened! Things take time so give yourself a CHANCE!
A system that’s easy to use is S.M.A.R.T, It helps to set realistic goals, the journey you will take and the time it will take you to get there.
- SPECIFIC –> Make sure you have a clear description in your mind of what you want to achieve
- MEASURABLE –> Include a metric so you can set a target, this will help you measure your success
- ACHIEVABLE –> Set a target that is realistic for you to achieve
- RELEVANT –> Make sure your goal is going to help you achieve your overall, higher level goals
- TIME-BOUND –> Set an end date for when you want your goal to be achieved
4. AN AWESOME MUSIC PLAYLIST
If your challenge is exercise based then you definitely need a music playlist on your phone or iPod that has all of your favourite tunes. Certain music will have the power to make you work harder and helps to keep your head in the game.
4. DOUBLE TAP OR TAG YOUR FRIENDS ONLINE TO BOOST YOUR FITNESS GAME
#palms30 | #palmshealthandfitnessclub | #challenge
Social media is a powerful source and is ideal when looking for fitness motivation, from healthy eating to fitness workouts. Why not check out our Facebook and Instagram for more support and a helping hand throughout your #palms30 day challenge?
Don’t forget to tag us on Facebook @PALMSHEALTH and on Instagram @PALMSHEALTHANDFITNESSCLUB
We can’t wait to see your journey!