Exercise of the month – PUSH
Our Fitness Instructors have chosen 3 different exercise programmes for you to follow this month which are PUSH exercises. Keep an eye out on our challenge board as they will also be put up there for you to take around the Gym with you. For next month, they have put together some PULL workouts… If you need any help at all there is always a Fitness Instructor on shift to help you. Just ask them directly or at Palms Reception!
Tricep Pulldown – Rope
Tricep Dip/Pulldown – Bar
Chest Press Barbell
Free-weights and Kettlebells – PUSH
Press ups – Wide
Press ups – Close
Kettlebell Overhead Press
Kettlebell Lat Raise
Kettlebell Front Raise
Triceps Dips from Floor
Diamond Press Ups
If you want an extra
challenge, why not try Erik’s PUSH Day?
Start off with a 15 minute HIIT cardio workout
- Different core exercises for 10 minutes (sit ups, planks etc.) and try to keep to minimum rest.
*This means rest for 10 seconds after 6-9 reps and then try to do another 3-5 reps in just one set.
- Peck deck – 3 x 60 second warm up exercise to activate your chest
- 4 x incline dumbbell press – 6-9 reps
- 3 x incline dumbbell press – 6-9 reps
- 2x incline fly’s with dumbbells – 15 reps
- 3x front raises – 9-12 reps
- 3x side raises – 9-12 reps
- 2x close grip barbell or cable – 15-20 reps
- 4 x overhead extensions with dumbbells in each arm – 8-10 reps
- 3 x triceps push down with bar or rope – 8-10 reps
Finish off with another 15 min HIIT Cardio keeping intervals to 1 minute and 30 seconds or 45 seconds and 45 seconds on the bike, treadmill, rowing machine or cross trainer.
Don’t forget to share your workout photos/video with us, we love to see how well you’re doing!