Exercise of the Month: TRX Row
What is a TRX Row?
A suspended back row will build strength and conditioning for the middle and upper back. It is a great functional upper body pulling strength exercise.
Main Muscle Worked: Middle Back
Other Muscles: Biceps, Lats
1. Starting Position: Holding the TRX handles in each hand, turn yourself to face the anchor/Center point.
2. Stand with your feet together and facing forward and brace your core/abdominal muscles and pull your shoulder blades down and back.
– Note: the further your feet are under the anchor point,the more body weight you row making it harder.
3. Gently lean backwards, by straightening your elbows positioned at chest height. Do not allow your wrists to bend. Palms face inward.
4. Exhale and slowly bend your elbows, pulling your entire body towards your hands. Your elbows should move towards your sides and remain close to your body. Keep your abs tight and your head and spine aligned.
– Important: Avoid any sagging or arching in your lower back or hips.
5. Keeping your abs tight, and your back straight exhail and slowly lower your body back towards your starting position, extending your elbows.
Repeat for your desired reps and sets
I.e – 10 reps, 4 sets – 30 seconds rest in-between.
Like this exercise?
For more great exercises like this one, check out my weekly classes; Bodysculpt, Blockfit, LBT, Hiit, Gliders, Bootcamp and Aqua, and also feel free to book any appointments with me, from your FREE personal programme or for an extra fee a personal training session – Booking 121 session with me will get you the results you have always wanted.
I look forward to seeing you soon – whatever session it may be!