Recipe of the Month – Easy Peasy Protein Pancakes!
These pancakes make a perfect breakfast to fuel you for the day, or at just 30 calories per pancake, are great as a healthy little snack. They’re super simple to make; with just 4 basic ingredients that you most likely already have in the cupboard.
Protein powder is so beneficial for regular exercisers, as it’ll help to repair your muscle fibres faster… meaning you’ll ache less. But if like me, you aren’t keen on taking your protein powder in a watery drink shaker then this is definitely the recipe for you!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: Makes 9-10 small pancakes (approximately 3 inches)
- 1 banana
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of whey protein powder (I normally choose vanilla, but you can experiment with your favourite flavours)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Put a frying pan on medium heat over the stove
- Let the pan heat up whilst you make you mix
- Put the peeled banana into a jug and mash with a fork
- Add the eggs, baking powder and protein powder to the jug
- Whisk the mixture until it is completely smooth
- Add a dash of cooking spray to the pan
- Spoon or pour 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture into the pan (if you want bigger but less pancakes just keep on pouring until they’re the perfect size!)
- Let the pancake cook for 30-45 seconds
- Flip it!
- Let the other side cook for 30-45 seconds
- Once the pancake looks golden brown it’s good to go! If you need to flip it a couple more times to get there then that’s okay
- Plate it up and serve with whichever toppings you fancy! Are you having them flat or rolled like a crepe? The possibilities are endless!
Some of our favourite healthy Pancake toppings are….
- Almond butter, chopped almonds, Raspberries & a drizzle of honey
- Sliced banana & grated dark chocolate
- Smoked salmon, avocado slices and a dash of lime juice
- Low fat vanilla ice cream with frozen berries
- Banana, honey, chopped nuts & cacao nibs