Sit up, and throw!
This is a great exercise to do with your partner that you can incorporate into your core workout routine. All you’ll need is a medicine ball, a comfortable area such as a mat, and a willing gym buddy!
How to perform the exercise:
- Name yourselves Person A and Person B!
- Facing one another, sit on the floor with knees bent, feet next to each other
- Person A holds the medicine ball in front of their face with both hands
- Person A lay back onto the floor, lifting the ball above their head and tapping it onto the floor
- At the same time Person B does the same movement but only using their hands (or an imaginary ball!)
- Using core muscles both people pull themselves back up to sitting, the same time Person A passing (a very gentle throw) the ball to Person B
- Person B catches the ball just in front of their head
- Repeat the same exercise, this time Person B using the ball and Person A using the imaginary ball
- Continue the exercise back and forth 15 times altogether
- Have a tiny break and then repeat the set of 15 again
Tip: To begin with do the exercise slowly. Not only is it engaging for your core, but it will help you to get into sync with your partner. As you both begin to feel comfortable with the exercise you’ll be able to gain speed.