We can’t get enough of delicious Summer Smoothies
The hot summer days are here and we have the perfect treat for you to start your day… Not only are smoothies delicious, fresh and full of all of the nutrients you need, but they also only take around 5 minutes to prepare.
Use some of the recipes below as well as some of our smoothie top tips for the perfect refreshment this Summer. All you need is a blender to get you started.
Sweet Cherry Smoothie
1 ½ cups of frozen cherries
1 cup of almond milk
1 scoop of protein powder
Optional: top with coconut flakes and almond butter
Chocolate Power Smoothie
1 cup of coconut milk
1 scoop of chocolate protein
½ cup blueberries
1 cup spinach
1 tbsp. almond butter
1 cup of peaches
1 cup of mangoes
1 cup of orange juice
¼ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp ginger
All of the smoothies above contain 129 calories as well as plenty of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron to keep you going for the day.
- On a hot day, try adding ice to your smoothie for an instant cool down.
- If you prefer thicker smoothies add frozen fruit. Bananas are perfect for this!
- Adding water, milk or juice can make your smoothie thinner.
- Honey or grapes are perfect for sweetening up a smoothie.
- To make a smoothie creamy, add avocado. Ice cream or yoghurt works too!
- Is your smoothie bitter? Pineapple or oranges work a treat!